You know the value of your work. Unlike event staffing agencies, we give you the freedom to pick what you want to make.
Choose Your Own Wage
Work When You Want
We give you the freedom to choose shifts that meet your schedule.
Work Where You Want
Our site lets you choose to work at locations you prefer.
Cook at the top event venues in Guelph
As a chef assistant at Hyre, you will be working at a variety of high-end establishments. These include, but are not limited to: hotels, event venues (conference centres, banquet halls, golf clubs, private property, etc.), and catering companies.
You will be expected to support the head chef in a cordial manner – helping with food preparation as requested.
- Preparing and cooking meals for guests. This includes, but is not limited to, washing, cutting, sautéeing, etc.
- Reviewing kitchen inventory and estimating what food items will be required for the upcoming events. Maintaining records of what food has been prepared and what ingredients were used.
- Overseeing the storage and disposal of leftover food products after the events.
- Helping to ensure that the cooking area and kitchen is clean and ready for future events.
- Plating and presentation of the food being served.
- Overall, providing an excellent level of service and professionalism.
A minimum of 6 months-1 year of experience working in a fast-paced kitchen such as a restaurant, event space, or catering company.
Solid knife skills.
Special Requirements in Guelph, Ontario
- Food Handlers Certificate is an asset